You are here
Machine Generated Data: Unlock the Big Data Value
Today’s IT systems and technology infrastructure generate data every second of every day. This machine data is one of the fastest growing segments of big data. Splunk provides a comprehensive view of all user behaviors, service levels, cybersecurity risks, fraudulent activities and more. As more sophisticated questions emerge, the need to combine this data with a variety of data from multiple data sources becomes critical in extracting real, actionable information and insight. Insights that can optimize applications, processes and systems’ behavior, detect and prevent fraud and intrusions. Simplifying and reducing the time to access and explore these multiple data sources becomes critical.
Splunk and Pentaho Provide the Solution
With Splunk you can get a comprehensive view of all machine data from across the enterprise. Maintaining disparate silos of log data and application performance information is no longer needed. The combination of Pentaho’s adaptive big data layer and Splunk, simplifies and accelerates the integration of and access to data. Crucial business application data can be integrated while leveraging existing skill sets, and accelerating implementation times. The end result is intuitive visualization and analysis capabilities to move rapidly from data to insight.
Splunk, the leader in machine data software and services and Pentaho, recognized leader in big data analytics and data integration, provide a complete and powerful big data analytics solution to unlock value from machine generated data.
The Pentaho platform provides Splunk users with:
- Enrichment of data across the enterprise – Pentaho automatically connects Splunk to RDBMS, NoSQL and enterprise applications, including visual development support for Hadoop workflow components., with Splunk Data for analytics
- "Business Class" analytics – Reporting and visualization that business users demand from the Splunk platform
- Reduced implementation time – Pentaho’s visual development studio improves productivity typically 15x for data ingestion and preparation when working in Big Data environments
- Leverages existing skill sets– Eliminates the need for highly specialized Hadoop MapReduce or Pig development skills. Anyone with basic RDBMS and ETL tools experience can now use Splunk
- Complete business analytics and data integration platform for Splunk – Appeals to sysadmins, security analysts, network engineers, developers and service desk and support staff.