Pentaho for MongoDB
Working together, Pentaho and 10gen offer the first MongoDB-based big data analytics solution to the market. 10gen is the company that develops MongoDB and offers production support, training and consulting for the open source database. MongoDB is a scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database featuring document-oriented storage, auto-sharing for horizontal scalability, rich document-based queries and fast in-place updates. This solution combines the scalable high-performance document-oriented storage of MongoDB with Pentaho’s visual interfaces for high-performance data input, output and manipulation, as well as data discovery, visualization and predictive analytics. This makes it easy and productive for IT staff, developers, data scientists and business analysts to operationalize, integrate and analyze both big data and traditional data sources.
Both Pentaho and 10gen also offer commercial subscription packages, which include valuable enhanced functionality, software maintenance, quality assurance, technical support, professional consulting services and training.
Benefits for MongoDB Users
- Complete business analytics suite - In addition to visual data loading and manipulation, Pentaho Business Analytics provides a complete end-to-end analytics suite that includes data discovery (connect, report, visualize, dashboard, analyze) and predictive analytics (scoring and forecasting).
- Operationalizing MongoDB - With Pentaho, MongoDB users have an integrated visual environment to deploy, manage, report, visualize and explore big data. Pentaho’s visual interface enables up to a ten-fold productivity improvement for developing and managing big data storage and analysis solutions.
- Extending the reach of MongoDB - Together with Pentaho, 10gen is extending the strength of MongoDB to a much broader spectrum of IT staff, developers, data scientists and other technologists. Previously these users had access only to traditional relational databases or analytic databases. With Pentaho’s ease of use, developers can easily leverage the power of MongoDB for big and diverse data storage and analytics.
- Lowering technical barriers for using MongoDB - MongoDB users can integrate Pentaho as a hub into their existing technology in a visual and easy-to-use environment. Using Pentaho, technologists can gain fast insight into their MongoDB data. Pentaho can use MongoDB directly as a data source for reports and dashboards, or easily integrate with data from other sources into a data warehouse for a 360-degree view of the business.
- Weaving MongoDB into the enterprise fabric - By integrating MongoDB with Pentaho, complete big data storage and analytics solutions are now easier to use, more dependable and significantly faster to develop, extending how and where MongoDB can be used by enterprises. With this integration MongoDB is woven more tightly into the broader fabric of big data and traditional data sources.