You are here
Pentaho for Dell
Dell Apache Hadoop Solution
An early leader in the big data market, Pentaho has been chosen by Dell to join Dell’s Emerging Solutions Ecosystem. As a result of this partnership, Pentaho’s big data analytics software is now offered as part of the Dell Apache Hadoop Solution.
The complete solution consists of:
- Pentaho Business Analytics, including data integration, visualization and exploration
- Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop
- Dell PowerEdge C2100 servers (other models to be added shortly)
- Dell PowerConnect 6248 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Layer 3 switch
- Dell Crowbar – quick automatic installation of software across clusters
- Joint service and support and a deployment guide
Designed in collaboration with Cloudera and Pentaho, the hardware and software components of Dell’s Hadoop solution are certified to work together, delivering maximum performance with minimum risk. This combined solution is fully integrated, highly optimized for massively distributed data storage, and data processing and business analytics.
Benefits for users
The Dell Apache Hadoop Solution including Pentaho offers users:
- Fast path to big data success with Apache Hadoop - the ability to easily analyze your growing mountain of data can give you a distinct competitive advantage.
- Complete business analytics for big data - high productivity visual user interfaces enable users to easily access, integrate, orchestrate, visualize, explore and mine big data in Hadoop.
- Rapid time to value - pre-configured to work together out of the box so the time to install, configure and deploy is now hours instead of days or weeks.
- World-class support - customers have access to Dell, Cloudera and Pentaho’s comprehensive and collaborative service and support across the solution.
- Low-risk - certified and supported by Dell, one of the industry’s most experienced providers of hyper-scale computing environments.
With Cloudera’s enterprise-ready distribution of Apache Hadoop, called CDH, Pentaho offers you:
- Visual design environment – Pentaho MapReduce graphical environment for processing data in Hadoop without writing code.
- Native integration with Cloudera technology – graphical support for Cloudera’s workflow, scheduling and data integration components (in development).
- Reduced Java skills requirement – visual development and orchestration of data processing and analysis tasks lowers the barriers and broadens the audience for Hadoop to include corporate IT, business analysts and data scientists.
- Immediately connects Hadoop to rest of data fabric – Pentaho easily connects to your other enterprise data sources such as enterprise applications and data warehouses/marts, to provide a more complete enterprise-wise view.