Pentaho for Cloudera
Complete Data Integration and Business Analytics for Cloudera’s Hadoop
Big Data Analytics Using Hadoop: Big Challenges, Big Rewards
Enterprises today collect and generate more data than ever before. Business users ask more sophisticated questions and need to explore data in more detail than legacy systems allow. They must combine a variety of data from many sources and extract real, actionable information and insight from it quickly. These insights can be used to optimize products, understand customer sentiment and behavior, market and sell more effectively, detect and prevent fraud and intrusions, and much more.
Hadoop and Pentaho make all of this possible.
With Hadoop you can get a comprehensive view of data from across your business because it’s all stored in one place, eliminating the disparate silos of the past. And, with Pentaho and Cloudera, you can do it easily, leveraging existing skill sets, accelerating implementation times and providing business users with the intuitive visualization and analysis capabilities they need to get rapidly from data to insight.
The Pentaho and Cloudera Joint Solution
The combination of Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services, with Pentaho, the recognized leader in big data analytics and data integration, provides a complete and powerful big data analytics solution.
The Pentaho platform provides Hadoop with:
- Reduced implementation time – Pentaho’s visual development studio improves productivity typically 15x for data ingestion and preparation.
- Leverages existing skill sets – Eliminates the need for highly specialized Hadoop MapReduce or Pig development skills. Anyone with basic RDBMS and ETL tools experience can now use Hadoop.
- Complete business analytics and data integration platform for Hadoop – Appeals to business users, business analysts, data scientists, as well as IT developers.
- Integrates Hadoop with the existing data fabric – Pentaho automatically connects Hadoop to RDBMS, NoSQL and enterprise applications, including visula development support for Hadoop's Sqoop SQL data load and Oozie workflow components.
Resources and Recordings
- Video: Pentaho MapReduce: A Major League Baseball Use Case
- Pentaho Community Big Data Resource Center
- White paper: The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2012
- Webinar: Pentaho Business Analytics for Hadoop, NoSQL and Analytic Databases